To identify the market size for blankets, a competitive landscape of the main blanket competitors, blanket trends, and key white label blanket manufacturers for the purposes of understanding the market before entering it with a differentiated blanket product.
Globally, the market size for blankets was $17.0 billion in 2018 and North America has the largest share at 30%.
Market Size for Blankets
- The global market size for blankets in 2018 was 17.0 billion.
- In 2016, the U.S. market size for blankets was 3.0 billion.
- Cotton blankets represent approximately 25% of the global market or $4.25 billion.
- Blankets for household use account for 50.7% of the market, but the commercial segment is growing at the fastest pace at a 4.7% CAGR between 2019 and 2025.
- North America has the largest share of the global blanket market of 30%, which would correspond to $5.1 billion in 2018.
- The prominent types of blankets are mink, fleece, cotton, wool, and polyester, with polyester the fastest growing segment through 2025 at a CAGR of 5%.
- Key players in the global blanket industry are American Blanket Company, Amritsar Swadeshi Textile Corporation, Chellco Industries Limited, Jindal Woollen Industries, Odessey Products, Youngman Woollen Mills, among others.
- One major trend for blankets is the proliferation of weighted or gravity blankets, which began to pick up steam in 2018 and became the "must-have" gift over the 2020 holidays.
- Throw blankets for decoration and use are also a continuing trend, especially in the colder parts of the United States.
- "Chunky-knit" blankets are also a trend that offer a heavy blanket alternative to actual weighted blankets.
- Other than the companies listed in the global blanket market report, most large blanket manufacturers are located in China, including ZENGBO, Weihai Woollen Fabric Group Co., Ltd., Hangzhou Xiangrong Textiles Co., Ltd, Ningbo Cozy Textile Co., Ltd, Anhui Kderi International Trade Co., Ltd., Baoding flourish textile Co., Ltd., and Weifang Yippee Textile Technology Co., Ltd.
- However, there are literally hundreds of blanket manufacturers in the world as the industry is very fragmented.
- Some of the featured blanket manufacturers in the U.S. include Gunamuna in Boston, Massachusetts; Northwest Woolen Mills in Woonsocket, Rhode Island; K's Corner in Meridian, Connecticut; Relief Blankets in Jacksonville, Florida; and Kanthaa in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; among others.
Private Label Blanket Manufacturers
- Hinterveld is a private label blanket manufacturer that offers "retailers, design houses and interested parties the opportunity to have their very own brand of Mohair and natural fiber blankets."
- Baum Textile Mills is a private label blanket manufacturer that offers a "Surface Design and Private Label Design Department." The company has helped "launch the production and manufacturing of products such as sleeping bags, blankets, cosmetic accessories, medical apparel, headwear, cold weather products etc."
- Interscalit is a private label manufacturer that offers "bedding fabrics: synthetic fabrics, 100 percent cotton, cotton combined with polyester, anti-bacterial fabrics, Tencel fabrics, flame-retardant fabrics, and other fabrics that are consistent with the requirements of [its] customers."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.