American Craft Beer Drinker Demographics
To develop a demographic profile of the American craft beer drinker, particularly race, age, language spoken, and household income to guide the targeting of social media ads.
American Craft Beer Drinker Demographic
- According to market research firm Nielsen, the average weekly craft beer drinker is primarily male, between the ages of 21 and 44, and makes between $75,000 and $99,000 annually.
- American Craft Beer drinkers are 68.5% male, and 29.1% female.
- Non-Hispanic whites make up 85.5% of craft beer drinkers. Non-white ethinicities made up 14.5%.
- The average craft beer drinker is in a higher income bracket, most likely over $75,000 per year (87%).
- 21% of craft beer drinkers are willing to purchase a craft beer they have never heard of.
- Of monthly craft beer drinkers, 66% will only buy from their region, and 57% will only buy locally.
Results of Initial Research
Our initial research was able to provide a demographic with all needed areas, but language. Further research sent us to the US Census where it was stated that Spanish was the most spoken foreign language in non- English-speaking homes. This information indicates that English would be the most common language spoken in this demographic, followed by a small percentage who would be speaking Spanish.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.