TV Commercials Using Movie Clips
To find TV commercials that use actual movie clips.
- Discover (credit card) aired two commercials called "Yes" and "No" featuring famous movie clips of people saying those words. The ads were designed to be aired during the same ad breaks in playful opposition.
- The campaign overall runs on digital, social media, TV, radio, streaming audio and online takeovers.
- The "No" ad is available in full here. The "Yes" ad is linked here.
- The "Yes" ad contains clips from Ted 2, Fast Time at Ridgemont High, Girls Trip, Mean Girls, Old School and 30 Rock (TV).
- The "No" version has clips from Clueless, Austin Powers, Uncle Buck, School of Rock and Friends (TV).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We propose case studies of 2-3 more TV commercials from the last few years featuring actual movie clips as part of them. For each one, we will state what company is for and what movie clip(s) they used, as well as a link to the video of the ad.
We can explore what the process would be for using a movie clip in a TV commercial. This would include how to get the rights, the usual costs and parties involved and other relevant details.