Canada Radio Advertising
To understand the largest advertisers in radio in Canada, radio advertising outlook for 2020 in Canada, the largest advertisers in podcasting in Canada, and Canadian brands that do branded podcasts well.
During our preliminary research we were able to determine the radio advertising outlook for 2029 in Canada. In addition, while we were unable to find a list of the top radio advertisers for Canada overall, we were able to provide a list of the top radio advertisers and categories, by ad units, for Toronto and Montreal. Below is an overview of our early findings.
Radio Advertising Outlook
- In 2020, radio ad spending in Canada is expected to only see a 0.8% growth.
- The total spend is predicted to be roughly C$2.36 billion.
- Out of the total media ad spending in Canada, radio is predicted to 11.4% share of the total.
- For the week ending on October 13th, the top five radio advertisers in Toronto, based on ad units were Toyota Dealer Association, ScotiaBank, OLG ON Lottery and Gaming Corporation, Sunwing, and GM Certified Service.
- The Toyotal Dealer Association saw a total of 1,271 ad units for the given week, ScotiaBank saw 1,190, and OLG ON Lottery and Gaming Corporation saw 790 ad units.
- In addition, Sunwing saw 708 ad units while GM Certified Service only saw 692.
- Based on categories, the top five radio advertising industries, based on ad units, were Banks, Cars and Trucks, Government, Lotteries, and Business and Consumer Services.
- For the same week mentioned above, the top five radio advertisers in Montreal were CTV, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sunwing, RBC Royal Bank of Canada, and Brault & Martineau.
- During the week, CTV saw a total of 381 ad units, Shoppers Drug Mart saw 211, and Sunwing saw 198.
- In addition, RBC Royal Bank of Canada saw 167 ad units and Brault & Martineau saw 167.
- Based on categories, the top five radio advertising industries, based on ad units, were Cars and Trucks-Domestic Factory, Television and Cable TV, Cars and Trucks-Local Dealers, Cars and Trucks-Asian Factory, and Restaurants, Night Clubs.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
In order to provide the remainder of the information requested, we suggest diving deeper with additional information to determine the top 5 advertisers in podcasting in Canada based on either the number of ad units or ad spend. For each advertiser, we will provide an overview of who they are and any metrics to prove they are one of the top advertisers in podcasting in Canada.
If this information is not publicly available for Canada as a whole, we will provide the top 5 advertisers in podcasting from one of the 5 major Canadia cities (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton) as proxy.
We also suggest diving deeper with additional research to identify 3-5 Canadian brands that do branded podcasts well. In order to define "well" we will identify branded podcasts that are either highly rated (based on reviews or star-ratings) or branded podcasts with the most listeners. For each brand, we will provide an overview of the content that they use on their branded podcasts and metrics to prove that they do this "well", based on the suggestions above.