Internet Usage by Country
To determine the internet usage per country per month for the past 12 month, including March 2020.
- Internet usage in different countries is also quantified by the number of users. These countries have the highest number of internet users.
- Out of 7.77 billion people in the world, 4.54 billion are active internet users.
- The number of internet users by region is provided below.
- Kuwait has the highest user penetration: 99.6%.
- Back in 2012, the US had 32% of the global data, Western Europe had 19%, China had 13%, India had 4%, and the rest of the world had 32%.
- This crisis has impacted the use of internet on a global scale. In countries like Columbia, the use of apps such as WhatsApp has seen a usage increase of 400%.
Summary of our Early Findings
- Our initial research was unable to find recent data on the data usage by country. Most of the publicly available data is on the number of people that use the internet and data on smartphone access.
- Based on the data available, we have structured the strategy scopes below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We will start by providing 4-5 statistical data into how COVID-19 has affected/impacted the number of internet users in China, the US, India, and Brazil. Our research will focus on countries that have the most number of users. We will provide comparative information with data from 2019.
Additionally, we will provide 4-5 statistical data on the internet usage of 2019 and into March 2020.