CPG Beverage or Dairy Product Packaging: Case Studies
To understand if at least one CPG beverage (ideally dairy) or dairy product improved or innovated around packaging and sales increased solely due to the packaging change in order to determine if packaging improvements alone can drive sales that would justify an investment.
Our background research on dairy product packaging and its impact on sales revealed insights. Here are some key pieces of information we found:
Dairy Product Packaging:
- The global market for dairy product packaging continues to experience healthy growth for an expanded CAGR of 4.5% through 2027, particularly within the milk and yogurt product segments.
- Improved dairy product packaging in the area of sustainability by no longer using single-use plastics and using recycled content, thinner materials, and nonplastic materials instead can increase sales because more consumers are buying from brands that are interested in reducing their carbon footprint.
- Consumers are also willing to pay more for products with sustainable packaging to support the greater cause.
- Innovative portable packaging of dairy products that are single serve, "grab and go" and ready to drink are proving to be strong sellers.
- "Single-serve has become so hot that some grocers reportedly have a designated buyer specifically for the category."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.