Out-of-Home Ad Spending
To obtain a list of the top 50 brands in OOH/DOOH ad spending, including the amount spent by each brand yearly.
Top OOH Advertisers
A report published by the Out of Home Advertising Association of America provides a review of the top 100 OOH/DOOH spenders. The latest report covers the top spenders in 2018, including a breakdown of spending for each brand. Access to the full report requires registration. The top 20 has been publicly published, however the actual spend amounts are only available in the full report. A thorough search of press releases, annual reports, and news releases indicates that a breakdown of ad spend, specifically for OOH/DOOH may not be publicly available
- American Express
- Metro by T-Mobile
- Universal Pictures
- Other brands that were listed in the top 50 include Microsoft (#36), YouTube (#42) and Uber (#45), and Dell (#47).
- Companies that doubled their OOH spending in 2018 include Pepsi, Allstate, U.S. National Guard, Pfizer, Warner Bros, HCA Healthcare, Oculus, Crown Imports, JP Morgan, Diageo, and State Street Global Advisors.
OOH Advertising Market Insights
- In 2018, OOH spending was up 4.5% at $8 billion.
- Digital OOH advertising made up 29% of 2018 revenue, while the largest growth areas were in billboards, street furniture, transit, and place-based.
- In 2017, the top markets for OOH ad spend were New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.