Prepared for Allie M. | Delivered August 13, 2020
Community and Social Impact Benchmarks/Impact Metrics
To find information on the elements that make good impact metrics or benchmarks in communities and social impact and engagement.
Social Impact Metrics
The metrics that can be used to measure the social impact and engagement of an organization within a particular community include:
- this metric looks at the number of volunteer hours logged into a company as a way of looking at the performance of the company's
corporate social responsibility efforts.
The more the volunteer hours the higher the social impact and engagement of the company.
- here, the traditional business metrics such as
an increase in sales
and improvement of business relationships are used to gauge the social impact of a company because people want to work with companies
that are socially responsible
Net Promoter Score
- NPS is used to look at the number of loyal customers a company has. In addition, NPS is one of the leading metrics that is used to measure "the
quality of perception
people have about a brand."
Social media chatter
activity on social media
is another good way that a company can use to measure its social impact and engagement by measuring
how fruitful social campaigns
turned out to be. On social media, companies can ask their customers questions and
to gather information on consumer perceptions.
Reduction in employee turnover
- employees love to work for organizations that are socially responsible and that make
. Consequently, for companies that have low employee turnover, their employees are thought to "
feel proud to be associated
" with the respective companies.
- this is a direct way of collecting the
feedback of company employees
and customers on how they feel about the company's CSR efforts. The responses received here are a direct reflection of the
effectiveness and overall impact
of the company's social campaigns.
Increase in overall sales
- socially responsible business entities
gain financial benefits
from their CSR efforts. Consequently, companies can observe the social impact and engagement of social campaigns in the increases in overall sales, the bottom-line, and customer retention.
boost their philanthropic profiles
by crowdsourcing for donations to support a charitable cause. A good "inflow of donations is a good indicator that a company is making a
strong positive social impact."
852 assignments | 4.9