Men’s Personal Care Products
To provide an understanding of men’s personal care products including: the top categories, trends, and examples of brands that are doing new and innovative things in the men’s personal care products space.
Insights on Men's Personal Care Products Market
- The global men's personal care market is expected to reach $166 billion by 2022.
- Global sales of men’s grooming products reached nearly $50 billion in 2017, and the market is expected to reach $66.billion in 2020.
- The categories of men's personal care products consist of:
- Hair Care: shampoos and rinses, hair gel, hair conditioners, hair sprays & hair cream, and hair dyes & hair colors
- Shaving: shaving soaps, shaving creams, after shave lotions, and pre-shave lotions
- Oral Care: dental care, mouth washes, and breath fresheners
- Personal Cleanliness: fragrances, soaps, and body powders
- Skin Care: face and neck creams/lotions, body and hand creams/lotions, cleansers, and moisturizers
- Others: facial makeup, eye makeup, bathing essentials, and nail care
- Globally, the skin care segment is the largest.
- According to Euromonitor the bath and shower, deodorant, skincare, and hair care products are growing faster than shaving products.
- The top 5 grooming products for men in 2018, were: hair shampoo, 2-in-1 shampoo conditioner, post-shave products, hand care, and sunscreen or sun protection products.
- Some of the trends in the men's personal care products include:
- Green grooming: as natural and organic ingredients in the personal care market become more popular among male consumers, brands are responding to this by having products that have "natural" claims. For example, "Kaerel’s product range boldly stating “crap free” - free from synthetic and dubious ingredients and formulated 100% with natural ingredients."
- Increased interest in men's beauty products with more males purchasing products to address a cosmetic need, has resulted in more brands branching into men's beauty products. For example, "in September 2018, Chanel launched its first makeup line for men, Boy de Chanel."
Summary of Findings
- In our first hour of research, we determined that there is readily available information on men's personal care products landscape including segmentation of the products, trends in the space, and innovations in product development/marketing. We have shared some insights on categories of products and trends.
- In providing our early findings, we have assumed a global focus. However, if a different approach is desired, for example, specific focus on the U.S., this would have to be communicated to us in any reply.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.