Application of AI in Marketing
To obtain information regarding the application of artificial intelligence (AI) in marketing, including how AI is used, the benefits of AI in marketing, the problems/issues of AI in marketing, and the required skills marketers need to take advantage of AI in marketing.
Applications of AI in Marketing
- Brands are using artificial intelligence to understand user behavior and needs. Users usually leave online footprints whenever they use the internet. Marketers can leverage a users' social media conversations and search data to understand their needs.
- AI can also help detect emotions and sentiment from user data. Through this data, a specific user can be targeted, thereby making it possible to personalize service/product recommendation.
- Sales automation is another area where AI can be applied. Identifying potential buyers and targeting those prospects is a hectic task for sales professionals. However, this process can be automated by using artificial intelligence to predict user behavior, thereby saving time and reducing human efforts.
- AI can also be used to optimize customer support, curate content, and power recommendation engines and virtual assistance.
Challenges Facing AI in Marketing
- Implementation of AI is a major barrier impeding its mainstream adoption. Although many applications incorporate machine-learning and can act independently, human supervision and management is still required in certain instances. Many organizations require external help in order to benefit from artificial intelligence, however, "AI talent is notoriously scarce."
- Also, there is a transparency issue in AI known as the “black box problem.” Artificial intelligence is usually unable to explain its deductions; this "makes it a concept too impractical—and unnerving—to deploy comfortably."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our background search has provided some insight into the applications and challenges of AI in marketing. We recommend further research to provide the following:
1) 4-5 additional ways that artificial intelligence is used in marketing
2) 4-5 benefits of AI in marketing
3) 4-5 of the potential problems/issues of AI in marketing
4) 4-5 required skills marketers need to take advantage of AI in marketing. [NB we would not repeat any information already presented in our background search.]
Alternatively, we may provide 4-5 additional ways that artificial intelligence is used in marketing. For each use identified, we would explain the benefits associated with it.
Also, we recommend further research to provide 2-3 case studies of firms or brands that have successfully used AI to market their products or services. For each case study, we would explain how AI was used and the benefits witnessed by the brand for using AI in its marketing.