Software Engineering Market Analysis
To find top-down information on: the amount of money spent on software engineering recruitement annually, the number of software engineers employed in the U.S. and the world, the number of software engineering managers in the U.S. and the world, the number of software recruiters in the U.S. and the world, the number of individuals expected to graduate from coding schools/bootcamps in the coming years (1 year + 5 year) in the U.S. and the world, and how the total number of software developers is expected to change in the coming years (1 year + 5 year) in the U.S. and the world.
Software Engineers Employed in the United States and the World
- Evans Data Corporation estimated that there were around 4.4 million software engineers in North America in 2016.
- In reference to Data USA, there were around 1.36 million people employed as software engineers i.e software developers and application and system software developers in the United States in 2017.
- In the United States, the top three states that have the highest percentage of software developers are DC - 6.46%, Virginia - 4.43%, and Maryland - 4.41%.
- On the other hand, IDC's calculations estimated that there were around 22.3 million software developers in the world in 2018. This figure is expected to grow to an estimated 27.7 million software developers by 2023.
- In Europe, the top three countries that had the largest number of software developers in 2018 were Germany - 837,398, the United Kingdom - 813,500, and France - 467,454.
- Additionally, Stack Overflow estimated that in Europe there were 4.7 million software developers in 2016. This number grew to 5.5 million software developers in 2018.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.