State of Solar Power Energy
To find information on the current state of the solar power energy industry and how the Linux Foundation has grown its media reputation.
Solar Power Energy Industry
- According to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), solar energy in the United States is booming.
- SEIA estimates that in the last decade, the solar energy industry has experienced an average annual growth rate of 50%.
- Solar energy installations surged in 2006 ahead of the potential expiration of the Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC). However, an extension in late 2015 created federal policy stability through 2021.
- In 2019, the yearly installed solar capacity (MWdc) in the United States was a total of around 13,000 MWdc.
- The installed solar capacity is divided into residential PV, non-residential PV, utility PV, and utility CSP. The highest number of installations in 2019 was in utility PV.
- More than 242,000 Americans work in the solar sector. This number is more than 50% to that of 2012.
- In 2018, the United States solar industry generated a $17 billion investment in the American economy.
The Linux Foundation
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.