To identify the core components to manufacturing automation; the key players in this space (global) and how they approach manufacturing automation, what makes them successful, similar, different, etc.; the current state of
manufacturing automation, future predictions, & how it is expected to grow and change the main approaches to manufacturing automation.
Overview of Manufacturing Automation
- Overview of Manufacturing automation refers to the use of “intelligent” machines in factories to carry out manufacturing processes with minimal human intervention.
- The process entails the deployment of numerous control systems to allow operating equipment to perform "tasks that require speed, endurance, and precision," with little human intervention.
- Manufacturing automation is achieved via several means, including computers, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic. Ordinarily, only two or more of these means are used in combination; however, today's airplanes, factories, and ships combine all these techniques.
- The primary benefits of manufacturing automation include "leaner operation processes using less energy, less material, and reduced labor waste." These benefits can eventually lead to quality improvements, accuracy, and precision. The disadvantage of manufacturing automation includes high costs of research & development (R&D) and equipment installation.
Manufacturing Automation Market
- According to AlliedMarket Research, the global factory automation market size was valued at $190,882.2 million in 2017 and is expected to reach $368,372.4 million in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2018 to 2025.
- The global manufacturing automation market is broken down into four segments based on control and safety system, component, industry vertical, and region.
- Segmentation based on the control and safety system is further broken down into the "distributed control system (DCS), supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA), manufacturing execution system (MES), safety instrumented system (SIS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and human-machine interface (HMI)."
- On the other end, the industry vertical segment is broken down into "automotive manufacturing, food & beverage, oil & gas processing, mining, and others."
Global Key Players in Manufacturing Automation
- Based on market research reports, the global key players in manufacturing automation include
Summary of Findings
- Our initial search reveals a wealth of information exists around the topic of manufacturing automation, including details about the key players, market segmentation, etc., suggesting that more in-depth information regarding the core components of this sector can be uncovered.
- In addition to our public search, we searched through our proprietary research database and found a recent report dubbed, "Global Industrial Automation Market (Programmable & Fixed Automation): Insights, Trends, and Forecast (2019-2023), with the most recent manufacturing automation industry information. If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.