Water Contamination Detection and Removal
To provide an estimate of the global and United States size and growth of the water contamination detection and removal markets, as well as key players, technologies, and challenges faced by companies in these industries. This information will be used to determine the viability of launching a business in this space.
Water Treatment Market
- Water treatment includes processes used to make the quality of water better for an end user.
- Water treatment systems include those installed at the entry to a home (point-of-entry water system) or those installed at point-of-use (devices, including filters, that improve the quality of water by removing impurities such as nitrates). Technologies to remove contaminants are included in this industry definition.
MARKET SIZE AND GROWTH
- The global water treatment systems market was valued at $19.9 billion in 2018, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.5% annually through 2026.
- The US water treatment systems market was valued at 3.07 billion in 2015, a growth rate of 5.5% over 2014 levels. US water treatment market growth is projected to continue through 2025.
- Key drivers in the point-of-use water treatment market include technological advances in water treatment, increasing demand for clean water, increases in water contamination (due to pollution and industrial waste), and increasing awareness of the health risks associated with contaminated water.
- Costs associated with installation and operation of water treatment systems are a challenge for the industry.
KEY MARKET PLAYERS
- Some key market players include Unilever, Honeywell, Pentair, Brita Group, DowDupont, and EcoWater Systems.
- Some key technologies in this market include reverse osmosis systems (a dominant technology due to its ability to remove dissolved contaminants), disinfection methods, ultra filtration systems, and ion exchange, amongst others.
- Devices in this market include tabletop pitchers (which holds the largest device segment market share) and under-the-counter filters, amongst others.
Water Detection/Identification Market
- Water quality monitoring and testing includes systems and programs used to monitor and optimize water quality, keeping a water supply safe from pollutants, such as nitrates, temperatures, phosphates, PH, and dissolved oxygen. This market is often referred to as the water quality testing and analysis market.
MARKET SIZE AND GROWTH
- Several forecasts were identified, which provided the market size and growth of the global water quality monitoring and testing markets.
- One study estimates the size of the global market at $3.8 billion in 2017, forecasting an annual growth of 7.3% through 2025, reaching $6.6 billion. Another study estimates the market will hit $5.35 billion by 2025.
- The water testing equipment market size was projected to hit $5.7 billion by 2024, a CAGR of 5.7%.
- Given this range of estimates, which may be due to somewhat varying definitions of the water monitoring and testing market, a midpoint estimate of global market size, $6.0 billion (average of $5.35 billion and $6.6 billion), may be a reasonable estimate of market size.
- All sources consulted are estimated strong industry growth, ranging from 5.7% to 7.3%.
- The North American market is largest in terms of market share, due to more strict water quality standards.
- Heightened awareness of water quality issues, government interventions, and focus on sustainability, drive the water testing and analysis market.
- The hesitation of local municipalities to adopt new technologies and the limited market penetration of water testing and analysis devices and instruments are barriers to industry growth.
KEY MARKET PLAYERS
- Key players in this market include GE, Danaher, Evoqua Water Technologies, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Testing technologies include items such as Toc analyzer ( the largest market share, as it tests for dissolved oxygen) and conductivity sensors.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- We were able to find global market size and growth for two industries, referenced across multiple reputable sources. The industries were identified across multiple reports as water treatment systems, which includes water treatment processes and systems, devices, and technologies, and water treatment testing and analysis.
- We uncovered the global market size and CAGR, current and projected, for global water treatment systems.
- We were able to find the US water treatment size and growth in 2015, and identify that it is projected to grow through 2025.
- We were also able to find the global market size and growth of the water testing and analysis market globally. We were unable to find the US market size of the water testing and analysis market, but did find information suggesting that North America comprises the largest share of this market, due to its strict water quality standards.
- We were also able to get a high level overview of growth drivers and challenges, key players in each market, and key technologies used in each market.
- In addition, we found some proprietary research available from one of our data partners which might be helpful.
- Water And Wastewater Treatment Systems Market – Global Opportunity Analysis And Industry Forecast (2017-2022) (Meticulous Research, $4,375).
- Based on the information uncovered in this first hour of research, our next steps are recommended below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.