Education and Education Technology in the Middle East
To identify organizations working to promote education and education technology in the 10 largest economies in the Middle East
- In 2018, the largest economies in the Middle East were Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Qatar, Israel, Morocco, Kuwait, and Oman.
- In 2017, only USD 1.26 million was invested in three EdTech start-ups in the Middle East.
- "Forbes estimates there are 270 edtech start-ups in the Middle East, some of which have tapped into gaming, machine learning, and artificial intelligence (AI) to transform the learning environment."
- However, compared to Asia and other regions, there has been a lack of edtech investments in the Middle East.
- "According to Forbes, less than 1% of global funding for tech start-ups in 2017 went to countries in the Middle East."
- Tatweer Company for Educational Services Ltd (T4edu) — Tatweer Company for Educational Services is a government-owned company in the field of education development that offers innovative education solutions for children and youth.
- TETCO (Tatweer for Educational Technologies) — TETCO is the technological arm of the Saudi Ministry of Education, which offers education and communication digital and technology solutions to the public and private sector.
- Haka Edutacs — Edutacs provides educational, teaching and training solutions to K-12, higher-ed, vocational, technical, and industrial training institutions.
United Arab Emirates
- GEMS Education — GEMS was founded in the UAE and provides education to meet the needs of local populations. It claims to be the largest K-12 private education provider in the world.
- Innovera — Innovera is a technology solution provider that serves both the private and public education sectors in Egypt.
- El Sewedy Innovation — El Sewedy Innovation aims to be a "leading provider of quality education in Egypt and is partnering with internationally recognized institutions."
- For the initial hour, we tried identifying as much of the requested information as possible. We focused research on the 10 largest economies in the Middle East
and found some examples for Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Egypt.
- We also found that there has been a lack of edtech investments in the Middle East, which suggests that there may be a limited number of available organizations for each country. However, we also found that some countries, such as Egypt, have been making more investments towards education or education technology. We suggest research to identify the state of education or education technology for the identified economies in the Middle East to see what is available in terms of education or education technology.
- We can also provide more insights for Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Egypt, if more information on this is preferred.
- Feel free to add or select an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.