Impact of COVID-19 on Pet Owners and Global Health Trends
To identify the impact of COVID-19 on pet owners and global health trends.
Overview of Impact on Health Trends
- According to a report by Innovaccer, the impact of COVID-19 is driving the system to explore new channels for healthcare delivery in the United States.
- Frost & Sullivan projects a year-over-year growth of 64.3% in the U.S. telehealth market as COVID-19 continues to disrupt the delivery and practice of healthcare in the country and around the world.
- A data analysis by the Commonwealth Fund finds a 60% decline in visits to ambulatory care practices and a dramatic increase in telehealth visits from early March to mid April.
- In Asia Pacific, COVID-19 has pushed telehealth to become a quickly accepted concept in the region, with "“nearly 50% of patients expect to use digital health tools in the next five years” and “91% of consumers said they would use digital health services if covered by an employer or insurance provider.”
- In Europe, it is reported that COVID-19 is accelerating the speed of a cultural change in healthcare towards telehealth as those used to resist the adaptation now understand the benefits of the change.
Our one-hour research has touched briefly on the impact of COVID-19 on global health trends, particularly the rise of telehealth. The research has not yet expanded to the impact on pet owners. Thus, we recommend two separate parts to the research: impact on global health trends and impact on pet owners. Please choose from the proposed next steps below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.