Walmart's Care Clinics
To understand the impact that Walmart's Care Clinics will have on the healthcare landscape. Specifically to know what the services are being offered, the type of value added offerings, costs, insurance acceptance, and growth ambitions. Additionally, to understand how Walmart Care Clinics are positioning themselves in the healthcare market. For example, are they an Urgent Care Center Plus, or a retail clinic, or a hybrid.
- Jennifer LaPerre, Wal-Mart U.S. senior director for health and wellness, is overseeing the roll out of the company's new Walmart Care Clinics. "LaPerre was in Carrollton, Georgia, in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains, to open the ninth Walmart Care Clinic. Three more are planned this year as part of a pilot program to offer primary care services such as health screenings and disease management of conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure in stores."
- Walmart's Care Clinic services include: Primary care, illnesses and injuries, management of ongoing conditions, physicals & wellness checks, and lab tests & immunizations.
- The U.S. retail clinics market is expected to reach USD 7.3 billion by 2025, growing at CAGR of 20.3%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Convenient access and affordable prices are expected to boost growth of the U.S. retail clinics market. One of the major players in the market is Walmart (The Clinic at Walmart, Care Clinic).
- "Unlike the company’s previously opened clinics, Walmart Health employs physicians along with nurse practitioners and other medical professionals.
It’s a full-service health facility that provides consumers with primary care, labs, X-rays, dental, hearing, psychological counseling, audiology, and other services."
- CNBC has reported on how Walmart is looking for ways to reduce health-care costs for its customers, and its employees. It’s goal to take a leading role in healthcare is now spreading and is having an impact on the sector overall.
- Walmart is a great example of how large-scale retail companies can help reshape the healthcare landscape and how this may lead other companies like Amazon into the sector as well.
- "Walmart is opening its first 10,000 square-foot “Walmart Health” center that features an array of primary medical services, dental care, and behavioral health services as part of a new model expected to eventually be replicated in other markets.
The first such “Walmart Health” brand center opened Friday in Dallas, Georgia, as a health facility offering more services than the 19 "Care Clinics."
- "Companies that can offer insurance, prescriptions, and even medical care (in the limited way that CVS’s MinuteClinic and Walmart’s Care Clinic do) would wield enormous power in the healthcare industry."
- Walmart has been expanding clinics in three southern U.S. states. In one of the latest examples, Walmart confirmed in a CNBC report that it was opening a new Walmart Health Center in Georgia where the location will offer “primary care, dental, counseling, labs, X-ray, audiology, & more,” the company’s Walmart Health website said.
- Analysts at Morgan Stanley praised Walmart’s plans to open its first stand-alone health clinic, saying it could be “the beginning of the road towards greater access to medical care and lower costs for consumers.”
- "The primary care services being offered by Walmart target 80% of people who account for 20% of health spending, not those with chronic conditions. Perhaps that’s exactly the right target for the company, which isn’t trying to build cancer centers or other specialized services."
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our first hour of research found that there was actually very little data surrounding Walmart's Care Clinics, and instead all the recent data was focused on Walmart's Health Centers, which are larger and more comprehensive than Walmart's Care Clinics.
- We have taken note of this fact and have presented some options for the research.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.