Customer Experience Cx
To find why Cx is more than Voice of the Customer (VoC).
Voice of The Customer
- Voice of the Customer (VoC) relates to customers' feedback about their experiences with and expectations for companies' products or services.
- VoC focuses on customer needs, expectations, understandings, and product improvement.
Main Aspects of Customer Experience
- Cx involves all the ways a business interacts with a customer. This includes capturing how the customer uses a company's product or service, their interactions with self-service support options, the feeling of walking into a company's or brand's retail store, customer service interactions, and more.
According to Help Scout, customer experience includes three main components which are customer service, technology, and design.
Major Differences Between Customer Experience (Cx) and Customer Service
- Customer service can be defined as the advice or the assistance a company gives its customers, whereas customer experience represents the whole journey of a customer’s interactions with a brand. It includes all the emotional, physical, and psychological connection a customer can experience with a given brand.
- A major difference between the two concepts is that customer service is reactive and often used when a customer isn’t satisfied whereas customer experience is proactive and should aim to reach every customer.
- Ideally, companies would prefer to reduce customer service and increase customer experience.
- The measurement of the performance of customer experience is by tracking how likely a customer is to recommend the brand to a friend and customer service performance is measured through the satisfaction of customers with the experience.
Why Cx is Important for Transparency and Communication Strategies Between Business/Customer Relationships
- A customer’s experience can be strongly influenced by the transparency of corporations.
- Transparency helps to build trust and confidence into the company by its customers.
- The practice of transparency by companies is actually key in creating brand trust and loyalty.
5 Aspects of Cx That Are More Than The Voice of the Customer
1) Surveys vs. Direct-to-human feedback
2) Timeliness of feedback
3) Asking the right questions
4) Need for real-time monitoring
5) Power of referrals/reviews
After initial research, we found that VoC includes all the aspects of Cx.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.