In-Store Cause Marketing
To provide some spark for brainstorming, obtain examples of in-store cause based marketing done in the last 3 years.
- Walmart teamed with Feeding America to take either online donations through a website or in person donations at registers at both Walmart and Sam's Club.
- For one day only in October 2018, Kellogg offered the "All Together" cereal, a mixture of Kellogg's favorite cereals, exclusively at the company's New York City cafe. The purpose of the campaign was to promote the idea that everyone belongs.
- Nature Valley partnered with the National Park Foundation to encourage consumers to visit parks, help keep them clean, and tell their stories about why they love particular parks. The campaign included up to $3 million in donations by Nature Valley and consumers could increase that donation by purchasing specially marked boxes in stores.
- On Black Friday 2016, Patagonia pledged to donate 100% of online and in-store sales to charity. This resulted in $10 million in donations.
- NGO Misereor, a German company, set up charity donation billboards in airports. Swiping a credit card would cause an action to happen on the billboard, and the money paid would go to a charity. Although this was done at an airport in Germany, the idea could be used for something similar in-store.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.