Independent Pizzeria Delivery
To complete the spreadsheet to understand whether the companies have a delivery team on staff, or they use third-party delivery services, such as Grubhub, UberEats, and Postmates. This research will be used to calculate the estimated percentage of independent pizzerias that have their own delivery team on staff.
Summary of Our Early Findings Relevant to The Goals
- To identify whether a pizzeria has its own delivery system/team, we checked their website and, where possible, we checked their "Order Online" options. For some pizzerias, when checking their "Order Online" options, the website directed us to their page on other third-party delivery services, such as Postmates, Grubhub, and UberEats, among others.
- To identify the third-party delivery services used by a pizzeria, in addition to the public domain search, we checked for the pizzeria on these delivery services websites.
- We defined third-party delivery services as companies that "partner with restaurants to provide customers with a platform to browse menus, place orders, and have food delivered to their doorstep by a third-party courier."
- Our recommendations are based on our findings in early research.
Proprietary Research Databases
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
To calculate the estimated percentage of independent pizzerias that have their own delivery team on staff, we recommend, for the remaining independent pizzerias in the spreadsheet (the first 50 only), finding whether they have their own delivery team on staff or they use third-party delivery services and providing a list of third-party delivery services they use.
To gain more insights into pizza consumers who order pizza online in the United States, we recommend further research to uncover 2-3 insights surrounding their pizza consumption habits. These could include, but not limited to, statistics on their demographics (2-3 statistics), pizza delivery habits (how they order pizza, what channels they use, their preferred pizza delivery services), and their spending on pizza delivery and consumption.