Independent Pizzeria Delivery
To complete the spreadsheet to understand whether the companies have a delivery team on staff, or they use third-party delivery services, such as Grubhub, UberEats, and Postmates. This research will be used to calculate the estimated percentage of independent pizzerias that have their own delivery team on staff.
- In the attached spreadsheet, we identified the delivery services used by the companies in rows 1-10.
- As an example, while Marion’s Piazza doesn't have its own delivery services, the pizzeria relies on third-party food delivery services, such as Doordash, Postmates, Grubhub, Bring Me That, and Seamless.
- Pizza Cottage doesn't have its own delivery services, the pizzeria relies on third-party food delivery services, such as Grubhub, Doordash, Seamless, and Postmates.
Summary of Our Early Findings Relevant to The Goals
- Wonder is a secondary research company therefore we do not require our analysts to perform primary research functions, such as calling companies directly. However, as an alternative path, we can add a column in the spreadsheet where we explain what third-party service the company is using in case they don't have their own delivery team.
- We defined third-party delivery services as companies that "partner with restaurants to provide customers with a platform to browse menus, place orders, and have food delivered to their doorstep by a third-party courier."
- Our recommendations are based on our findings in early research.
Proprietary Research Databases
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
To calculate the estimated percentage of independent pizzerias that have their own delivery team on staff, we recommend, for the remaining independent pizzerias in the spreadsheet, finding whether they have their own delivery team on staff or they use third-party delivery services and providing a list of third-party delivery services they use.
Alternatively, we could identify the top six third-party delivery services in the United States in terms of revenue, the number of users, or the number of restaurants using it as a third-party delivery service. This may include Grubhub, Postmates, and UberEats. For each service, we will provide an overview of the service, how it is identified as a top service, their services and pricing model for both restaurants and customers, their competitive advantage (what set them apart from competition), what benefits/offers restaurants get when choosing them as the third-party delivery service, target market, and
We are suggesting finding the demographic profile of the typical user of food delivery services in the United States. Demographics will include gender, age, average income, educational level, and marital status. If any demographic detail is not available, we will substitute it with other demographics such as race/ethnicity, location (urban/rural/suburban), religion, occupation types, or socioeconomic status. If the demographic profile for the typical food delivery services is not available, we will provide the demographic profile of Grubhub, Postmates, or UberEats customers as a proxy.