Indoor Family Entertainment Centers - Demographics
To determine the demographics of a typical indoor family entertainment center customer in Canada, including age, household makeup, income range, education level, and digital media habits.
To identify 3-5 primary motivating factors for families to visit these indoor entertainment centers.
- FECs usually appeal to the 8 to 14 age group and their parents.
- The median age in developed nations such as Germany or the U.S. is in the 40s.
- Ontario was the largest contributor to total operating revenue in the Canadian FEC market with a share of 48.7%, followed by Quebec (22.9%), Alberta (12.4%) and British Columbia (10.1%).
- Today, success in FECs requires "taking a series of quantifiable steps, beginning long before the first game is played and continuing through the life of the location."
- "Success in today’s operating market depends, at base, on paying careful attention to patrons’ per-capita spending."
- This concept is uniquely conditioned by market areas within a city, or in some cases a region. "What does the average person spend after deciding to leave home for 2 to 2.5 hours for leisure entertainment, including food?"
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.