Industries Using Digital Marketing
The top 3-5 industries that are currently using digital marketing the most, as well as the digital marketing tactics that these industries use most, and the budget each industry has for digital marketing.
- The retail industry uses digital marketing the most and spends the most amount of money on digital marketing. In 2018, retailers in the US spent $23.8 billion on digital ads, accounting for 21.9% of the total digital advertising spend. By the end of 2020, the retail industry is expected to spend $33.12 billion on digital advertising.
- The automotive industry is the second largest industry vis a vis digital marketing. In 2018, this industry spent $13.74 billion on digital advertising, making up 12.3% of the total digital ad spend. The industry is forecast to spend $18.15 billion on digital advertising in 2020.
- The financial services industry is the third largest industry in relation to digital ad spend. The industry spent $13.21 billion on digital advertising in 2018, 12.1% of the total digital advertising spend. The financial services industry is expected to spend $18.25 billion on digital advertising by the end of 2020.
- Another industry that spends a significant amount of money on digital advertising is the telecom industry. This sector spent up to $11.57 billion was spent on digital advertising in 2018, making up 10.4% of the total digital advertising spend in the US. The telecom industry is forecast to spend $15.58 billion on digital advertising in 2020.
- The CPG & consumer products industry is the fifth industry that spends the most on digital advertising. In 2018, it spent $9.49 billion on digital advertising; 8.6% of the total digital advertising spend. By the end of 2020, it is predicted to spend $12.80 billion on digital advertising.
- Other industries that spend the most on digital advertising in the US include travel ($8.95bn), computing products & consumer electronics ($8.47bn), media ($6.60bn), entertainment ($5.52 bn), and healthcare & pharma ($3bn).
- Our initial research focused on the top five industries in the US that spend the most on digital advertising.
- Despite thorough research, no data could be found on the marketing budget of these industries, instead, we found their marketing spend.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.