Customer Experience Recovery Tactics
Identify best-in-class examples of creative and out-of-the box customer experience recovery or service recovery tactics (ER/SR) of customer-centric companies. The information will be used to help a client come up with similar techniques for their ER/SR efforts.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE RECOVERY EXAMPLE
- Ritz-Carlton employs a unique tactic when dealing with unsatisfied guests.
- Instead of giving away the typical discounts and points that hotels usually offer, the company will take the initiative to look for the best way to make the guest happy even before the latter can raise an issue.
- Ritz-Carlton was known to give a $2,000 allowance to its employees to proactively address potential service concerns even without asking the permission of a manager.
- This practice gave birth to "legendary" tales of service recovery such as when a hotel employee returned a kid's lost toy in a grand manner.
- The informal allowance setup also led to efforts that are more authentic instead of being considered as robotic responses.
PROPRIETARY DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.