- Advertising spend is not published in its annual report as the company has been acquired by Helen of Troy in 2016.
- It is included in the Selling General and Administrative Expense section in Helen of Troy's Profit and Loss Account.
- The parent company, Helen of Troy, spent $61.4, $57.7 and $54.2 million during fiscal 2018, 2017 and 2016, respectively.
- The company generated a 16X
return on ad spend on Instagram between November 2018–February 2019, compared to the previous 4 month period, and an 80% increase in revenue.
- Hydro Flask used ads in Instagram stories to reach their customers.
- Another medium that was used for advertising was video clips, an example of which is the Let’s Go!
video, produced by a creative agency based in Portland, Oregon, and called North. It was released in April 2019.
- It has a channel on Youtube.
- In the last 6 months, the company has generated online traffic of 2 million visitors on desktop and mobile web, with a 36.92% bounce rate.
- Around 75% of traffic was generated by search and 22% was direct traffic.
- It generated 1.2% of its traffic from referrals, from sites such as shoppingdiscovery.com, thewirecutter.com, and groupon.com.
- Yeti's advertising spend was $33.1 million in 2016, $26.5 million in 2017, and $27.5 million in 2018.
- The company uses various advertising channels such as YETI Ambassadors, traditional, digital, and social media, original YETI
films, and community events.
- Yeti placed ads in digital, print, and national TV in 2019.
- The company invested in premium ad units and advertised on more than 250 different Media Properties in the last year across multiple media formats.
- It is a privately owned company, whose financial statements are not freely available online.
- The company has only 35 employees and does not publish its financial statements online.
Summary of Findings
During the first hour of research, we managed to find the advertising spend for Yeti, as well as the channels they used to advertise. We also found the advertising spend for Hydro Flask's parent company but could not find the figure for Hydro Flask as it is a private company that does not publish these financial data. However, we found information on the channels they used, on the return on ad spend for Instagram, and a variety of online traffic statistics. We did not have time to deeply research the two other competitors Corksicle and Klean Kanteen, but we found that they are private companies and do not publish their financials online.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.