Innovation in Healthcare
To understand innovations in healthcare in order to demonstrate health care capabilities.
AI Robot In Heart Treatments
- Medical researchers at the Carnegie Mellon University developed a miniature robot that performs heart therapies.
- The miniature robot, called HeartLander, is inserted into the heart through a tiny incision and doctors guide the robot into the exact site in the heart the therapy needs to be performed.
- HeartLander is a "huge improvement over traditional heart therapy procedures because it is more precise, safer and less invasive."
- Children born prematurely or with some health conditions are generally placed in the NICU and taken care of by specialists after the parents have been discharged.
- To ensure parents remain in touch with their baby and help ease the emotional toll on parents who have to leave their newborn baby in the hospital, "researchers at the University of Chicago and the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago use the PreeMe+You app to keep parents in constant contact with their babies and their care teams."
- The app allows parents to monitor the progress of their child and be on the same page with their care team taking care of their child.
3-D Printed Medical Devices
- 3-D printing makes it easy to provide patients with important medical devices that are specific and customized to the individual patient's anatomy and needs.
- The medical devices currently being provided through 3-D printing includes airway stents, cranial implants, and external prosthetics.
- According to Tom Gildea of the Clinic's Respiratory Institute, 3-D devices are "more comfortable, improve performance outcomes, and are often more easily "accepted" by the patients' bodies
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.