Innovative Hospitality/Experience Companies
To identify some of the most innovative or interesting companies in the hospitality and experiences space.
INNOVATIVE HOSPITALITY COMPANIES
- Fast Company's list of the 50 most innovative companies in the world does not include a hospitality sector, but it offers food, travel, and live events companies, which we have culled to identify relevant companies.
- Headquartered in Los Angeles, Sweetgreen, a "quick-service restaurant chain best known for offering a cornucopia of locally sourced choices along its open-kitchen assembly line.
- Straddling the line between hotel and home, Sonder is an apartment-style hotel that "leases, designs, furnishes, and maintains their apart-hotels." This boutique hotel has 2,000 rentals spaces available in 18 cities across the US and Europe.
- Eaton Workshop, based in Washington, D.C., is "a series of hybrid coworking and boutique-hotel spaces with robust cultural programming that features artists and activists."
- Hyp3r, based in San Francisco, is a hospitality engagement platform that "draws information from publicly available, geotagged social posts on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Weibo to help companies extend special offers and deals to users who are on their properties." The company has geofenced almost every hotel and cruise ship, as well as other travel amenities such as airports and fitness clubs, allowing companies like Marriott to market to customers who already use their services.
- A December 2018 Forbes article highlights 11 hotels and resorts opening in the United States in 2019, including Shinola Hotel, Virgin Hotel, Baker’s Cay Resort, Rosewood Miramar Beach, Maison de la Luz, Andaz Palm Springs, W Aspen, Conrad Washington D.C., The Proper Hotel Austin, Four Seasons Philadelphia, The Guild, and Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani.
- Shinola Hotel, in Detroit, is a luxury boutique hotel, designed and operated by the Shinola watch company, which features thoughtful design, including original products made for the hotel, such as desk clocks.
- Virgin Hotel, in San Francisco, features ergonomic bed, custom lighting settings, and the "Lucy" app that allows guests to "order room service, control their room environment, make restaurant reservations, order their vehicle from the valet and live chat with the concierge and other guests."
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
Hotels & Motels Global Industry Almanac 2 2013-2022
(MarketLine, $2,995 — North American section available for $411.49)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.