Prepared for Wayne S. | Delivered November 6, 2019
To identify quotes from prominent hip-hop artists and leaders, geared towards men, black men, and the black community, and focused on wellness, heath, productivity, and culture.
1) "Dear Young Black Males, Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are. Always believe in yourself, even if nobody else does. Strive to be self-motivated!"
2) "Stay far from timid. Only make moves when your heart's in it. And live the phrase 'sky's the limit'."
3) "Why tiptoe through live to arrive safely at death?"
4) "The impatient idealist says: ‘Give me a place to stand and I shall move the earth.’ But such a place does not exist. We all have to stand on the earth itself and go with her at her pace."
5) "Miracles happen all the time. We're here, aren't we?"
6) "It isn't where you come from. It's where you're going that counts."
7) "Find the good. It’s all around you. Find it, showcase it and you’ll start believing in it."
8) "Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself."
9) "Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."
10) "I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."
11) "The secret of life is to have no fear; it’s the only way to function."
12) "Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then."
13) "You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you."
14) "Magic lies in challenging what seems impossible."
Carol Moseley Braun
15) "I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger."
16) "You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas."
17) "Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
18) "There is never time in the future in which we will work out our salvation. The challenge is in the moment; the time is always now."
19) "What’s the world for if you can’t make it up the way you want it?"
20) "You never know how or when you’ll have an impact, or how important your example can be to someone else."
2102 assignments | 5.0