Micro-Influencers on Instagram
To establish examples of brands that have leveraged micro-influencers to improve their brand presence with Instagram.
- By leveraging fashion influencers and brand enthusiasts, Sperry has managed to attract a considerable following on Instagram.
- The brand is popular for designing boat shoes. However, Sperry needed to raise more awareness for wet weather or cold shoes, in a bid to position the brand in a more fashion-forward angle.
- To achieve this, the brand engaged micro-influencers in a two-week campaign.
- Sperry paid these fashion influencers to engage their followers. Influencers would wear Sperry boots and use the hashtag OOTD (outfit of the day). Using micro-influencers was helpful and successful, mainly because Sperry engaged micro-influencers to create an authentic connection between the target audience and the brand.
- A review through Sperry’s Instagram account, shows that the page has over 300,000 followers.
- In 2019, the brand generated net sales of $46.3 million.
- As a fashion brand, Forever 21 is a household name with a varying target audience. To attract and raise awareness for their plus-size audience, the brand used plus size fashion influencer, Kristal Heredia.
- Heredia, a micro-influencer is popular on Instagram for her bold and fearless sense of fashion, which primarily focuses on promoting body positivity and embracing her curves.
- Heredia, was, therefore, the ideal micro-influencer for Forever 21, as the brand sought to promote the plus-size collection.
- Forever 21 shares her posts routinely, and it has proven to be a success as the brand capitalized on a highly engaged micro-influencer with a plus-size fan base.
- By engaging Heredia, Forever 21plus has grown a following of more than 800,000 followers, which proves that the brand has built trust with its target audience.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.