At Home Drug Test Market: US
Identify the market size of the B2C at-home or instant drug testing kit market in terms of revenue, saturation, and average cost per acquisition. Top B2C players in the market is also useful including name, website, revenue, and primary sale channel.
Global Market Size
- In 2017, the global at-home drug of abuse (DOA) testing market was valued at $483.6 million with a CAGR of 9.6% between 2018 and 2023. The market was defined as Rapid DOA Test Kits (Test Cups, Test Dip Cards, Test Strips) and Breath Analyzers.
- The market is expected to reach $831.9 million by 2023.
- North America holds the largest market share in the global market of DOA tests with the United States holding the largest regional market share due to an increase in availability of illicit drugs.
- Urine tests hold the largest market share in terms of test type from 2013-2017 and is expected to be the fastest growing market segment from 2018-2023.
- Test cups are the most commonly used product globally for at home DOA testing.
- APAC is expected to see the fastest growth between 2018-2023 due to and increase in production of illicit drugs with an 87% increase in opium production in Afghanistan in 2017.
- The two main drivers of the market growth globally are a growing use of illicit drugs among teenagers and an increase in the availability through production and trade of illicit drugs.
- Alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco are the most commonly used drugs by teenagers according to the CDC. Due to the increase in use of these drugs in this segment parents purchase more at home tests, increasing demand, in order to protect their child's health, self-esteem, academics, and relationships.
Global Key Players
In our initial search we were able to find the overall revenue of the global market as well as a breakdown of segments, drivers, and the top 10 global key players. Unfortunately, we were unable to find any precompiled data regarding the market size of the United States at-home drug test kit market. In addition, there was no data publicly available regarding the average cost per acquisition in the industry.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.