Connecticut: Green Leadership
To obtain insights on the progressing policies Connecticut is known for (or has recently passed) which would demonstrate green leadership. This research would be used in attracting millennials to live and work in Connecticut.
- Connecticut is home to the Connecticut Green Bank. This financial institution is "the nation’s first state-level green bank."
- The bank's core message is “inclusive prosperity”. The Connecticut Green Bank was the 2017 winner of the “Innovations in American Government Awards”. This award was presented by the Harvard Kennedy School’s Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation.
- The University of Connecticut (UConn) also ranks as a green leader. The institution "is recognized as a leader in campus sustainability both nationally and internationally as a result of its longstanding commitment to the integration of sustainability into operational decision-making and the living-learning experience at the University."
- Since 2012, UConn has ranked near the top of the list on rankings compiled by UI Green Metric and Sierra’s Cool Schools, among others.
- UConn has also received the STARS Gold rating from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.