Bath Towels Usage
Obtain information on people's hygiene in the bathroom, specifically about how often they use and wash their bath towels. Determine also how often should people wash their towels and what lurks on towels if they are not washed (bacteria, germs, viruses, fungi, etc.). Determine also how often should people replace their bath towels. Obtain information also on what people think the answer is to how often they should wash their towels. Determine also the kind of towel and what materials in a towel that will last even after multiple washes. Obtain case studies also that looks into hygiene in the bathroom regarding bath towels and why it's important. Obtain also some of the opinions or interview excerpts from doctors on how often should people wash their towels. The information will be used for a pitch that will be tailored to journalists in the home space who would be interested in writing about a bath towel client.
Bath Towels Usage
- According to Philip Tierno, Ph.D., clinical professor of pathology and microbiology at NYU School of Medicine, towels can still get dirty and riddled with bacteria even if people only use them after taking a bath. He mentioned that some germs can still lurk on people's skin even after showering and these can get transferred to the towel.
- As per Chuck Gerba, Ph.D., a microbiology professor at the University of Arizona, once these bacteria stick to the towels, they will then continue to multiply as those towels get re-used.
- Based also on a research done by Dr. Gerba, it was discovered that used hand towels contain "1,000 times more coliform bacteria" than those that were newly purchased.
- Bacteria thrive in dark and damp areas. They will then rapidly multiply in closed bathrooms that are usually full of steam.
- Towels are considered to the most bacteria-laden item in the bathroom.
- People should then wash their bath towels often and let them dry thoroughly.
- According to the Cleaning Institute, bath towels should be washed after three uses.
- If a person takes a bath daily, bath towels should be washed two times per week.
- Based on a survey, around 74% of American women respondents wash their towels weekly. Around 65% of American men do so.
Proprietary Database Search Results
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Summary of Findings:
Our one hour of research provided some insights from doctors on how dirty towels are. We also provided some recommendations from the Cleaning Institute on how often should people wash their towels.
We also presented the percentage of Americans that wash their towels weekly based on a survey.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.