Mesothelioma Market Analysis
To obtain information about the market for mesothelioma including the market size, number of lawsuits, primary and secondary trends associated with mesothelioma, demographics and psychographics of persons who are exposed. This will be used to create marketing campaigns for law firms that handle mesothelioma cases.
- Globally, governments are taking steps to bring awareness about mesothelioma and trying to find better treatment for this type of cancer, especially in developed countries.
- The global malignant mesothelioma market size was expected to be $338 million in 2017 and was projected to see an increase of 7.5% CAGR through to 2025 amounting to $604 million.
- Some key players in the global malignant mesothelioma market include Sanofi, Eli Lilly and Company, Fresenius Kabi AG, Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Polaris Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., AstraZeneca Plc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., and Novartis AG.
- The Asian market is expected to have a high demand, increasing at 8% CAGR.
- 70 — 80% of persons who present with a mesothelioma diagnosis were exposed to asbestos. This exposure is commonly noticed as being related to the patient's occupation.
- Unfortunately, persons who have been exposed to asbestos may have mesothelioma but not be aware of it until 30 – 50 years after the exposure, at which point it had already rapidly progressed.
- 85% of patients with mesothelioma tend to have malignant pleural mesothelioma which occurs in membranes in the lungs.
- On average, a mesothelioma settlement can be between $1 million and $1.4 million.
- $2.4 million is the average mesothelioma verdict trial award and the largest amount ever recorded was $250 million.
- The estimated total for asbestos lawsuits is $325 billion.
- This is as a result of lawsuits filed by over 500,000 people against more than 8,000 businesses in the U.S.
- Having to deal with asbestos-related lawsuits has caused over 120 companies to become bankrupt.
- In 2019, 187,000 mesothelioma cases were dealt with in the Eastern Pennsylvania District of the United States District Court.
- Approximately 3,000 new mesothelioma cases are diagnosed annually and 80 — 90% of them are pleural mesothelioma.
- The person likely to have a diagnosis of mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure is typically a male who's over 65 years old and had a blue collar or military job.
- They would've likely been employed in Construction, Firefighting, Manufacturing, Chemical refining, Power generation, Shipbuilding
or Military service.
- Over 90% of them are of a white race. There is usually a higher number of diagnosis for Hispanics than African-Americans and Asians.
- 80% of them are male and 20% of them are female.
- Information pertaining to malignant mesothelioma market size is very limited and tends to have global statistics reported. We found that some reports that were published might've been removed as they were inaccessible and those that were accessible, were locked behind a pay wall.
- Also, publications present findings/statistics based on information that was gathered prior to 2017.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
Global Malignant Mesothelioma Therapeutics Market 2019-2023 (TechNavio, $2,500)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.