Construction Equipment Aggregators
To identify and detail construction equipment brokers and aggregators connecting renters with construction equipment owners.
- Construct Connect details 6 trends in the construction rental industry in the United States: complete digitalization, telematics adoption, AR/VR for training, semi-autnomous equipment, more telehandlers, and fully electric and/or hybrid fleets. Specifically, their article explains the recent changes at rental giant United Rentals, and e-commerce rental aggregate Big Rentz.
- Ranked by value of equipment owned, the largest construction equipment rental companies in the United States and Canada include United Rentals, Sunbelt Rentals, Hertz Equipment Rental Corp. (HERC), and The Cat Rental
Store. All of these equipment rental giants offer online and direct to consumer digital services.
- Two of the e-commerce construction equipment middle-men include Big Rentz and DOZR. Big Rentz claims to be the "largest equipment rental logistics company". Likewise, DOZR states they are "the largest online equipment rental marketplace offering equipment from suppliers ranging from large national rental houses to small regional rental companies."
- Similarly, three of the largest construction equipment companies that own their own equipment include United Rentals, Sunbelt Rentals, and The Cat Rental Store, which rents Caterpillar brand construction equipment as well as equipment from over 70 more manufacturers.
- United Rentals online platform offers a full line of construction equipment as well as site services and solutions. Sunbelt Rentals also offers additional services such as safety training. Cat's online platform offers international equipment delivery and solutions including heavy equipment for mining and large scale construction.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.