During our initial search, we encountered several companies that have/are involved in Industry 4.0 projects with foreign companies. Two such companies include Microsoft and Nvidia. A summary of our findings is provided below:
- Microsoft has emerged out to be a hosting partner for several Industry 4.0 companies.
- It has partnered with various manufacturing and automation companies on Industry 4.0 projects to develop and run mission-critical on-premise MES applications and SCADA for decades.
- Some companies with whom Microsoft has cooperated on Industry 4.0 projects are Siemens, PTC, GE, and Emerson.
- Microsoft has cooperated with renewable energy giant Siemens Gamesa enabling it to maintain industrial wind turbines by migrating its autonomous drone-digital process to Microsoft Azure.
- Nvidia has emerged as a leader in AI training hardware and software among the chipmakers.
- This technology of Nvidia is helping several Industry 4.0 companies to achieve collaborative robots, drones / UAVs, and connected machine vision.
- Nvidia has worked with several companies on Industry 4.0 projects including Audi, Aixsponza, and DENSO.