To obtain a list of investment funds that have invested more than 10 million USD per investment at least 2 times in the last 12 months in agrotechnology. Also, to obtain a list of the 30 biggest donors/investors in impact investments.
- The recently published 2018 AgriFood Tech Investing Report reveals that investments grew by 43% year-over-year to about $17 billion.
- Deal sizes also increased in 2018, specifically at the later stages. For Series D rounds, the average was around $73 million. This figure is "above the cross-industry average of $50 million".
- Robotics and automation startups that automate menial tasks are gaining momentum.
- AgFunder, a venture capital based in Silicon Valley, is "one of the most active agri-foodtech venture capitalists". The company has over 60,000 subscribers and members globally.
- AgFunder has invested in several agrotechnology startups, including Wefarm and FieldIn. Wefarm, for instance, raised $13 million in a Series A round, while FieldIn raised $12 million.
- Other firms that have invested in the top AgTech startups include Costanoa Ventures, TPG Capital, and Monsanto Growth Ventures.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.