Job Hunting for College Students
To determine the most important job perks/benefits/traits for Gen Z. To analyze the job hunting pains and challenges for college students and to determine the state of the job market for college students. To determine where are college students get news and what are specific strategies they are employing to land jobs. To determine the challenges and pain points that Heads of HR face when it comes to recruiting new employees, especially from younger generations.
Important job perks/benefits/traits for Gen Z
- Gen Z are a highly diverse group and they like to have that represented in the workplace as well.
- 63% of Gen Z feel it is important to work with people that have diverse education and skill levels
- Moreover, 77% of Generation Z stated that the company's level of diversity is critical to their decision to work there.
- For Gen Z, diversity also represents the opportunity to grow within a company and the presence of less-stressful, vibrant work atmosphere.
- In fact, the majority of Gen Z consider the opportunity to progress as the most important factor in a new job.
- Gen Z are much more open to training and education opportunities at work.
- In fact, the constant acquisition of skills is a major factor for staying at a certain company for a longer period of time.
- Not only that, but the majority of Gen Z (66%) are very open to feedback and want to have multiple check-ins with their managers.
- According to a study done by HR Executive, 68% of Gen Z reported that growth and training was the most important factor and motivator in staying at a job.
- Gen Z value their time more than any other generation. As such, they prefer to have a flexible work schedule rather than be tied to an office from 9 to 5.
- They prefer to have the availability to work remotely but still be able to connect with their colleagues at work.
- As burning-out has become a major issue recently, Gen Z feel that it is important to have a balance between work and life.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.