Keywords COVID-19 Healthcare Workers Research
To find positive and negative sentiments by healthcare workers surrounding the coronavirus crisis, as well as positive sentiments by the public toward healthcare workers in the face of the virus epidemic, in order to create authentic messaging that appreciates healthcare workers.
Positive sentiments by healthcare workers
- One nurse has thanked companies who have provided assistance to fighting the coronavirus.
- In Spain, healthcare workers have shown appreciation to the public who supported them by applauding from their windows and balconies.
- Some healthcare workers are creating social media challenges to cope with the pandemic easier and keep spirits high.
Negative sentiments by healthcare workers
Positive sentiments by the public toward healthcare workers
- On social media, the hashtag "#WorldHealthDay" contains posts by people appreciating healthcare workers' sacrifice.
- Across Europe, people have been thanking healthcare workers by applauding from their windows and balconies.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
The initial research suggests relevant information is relatively available, but positive sentiments by healthcare workers will be tricky to find, which is why we would recommend moving forward with this research as follows: 1) providing 2-3 additional positive sentiments by healthcare workers in the face of coronavirus, 2) providing 5-7 additional common negative sentiments by medical staff facing the crisis, and 3) 5-7 additional common positive sentiments by the public surrounding healthcare workers facing the virus pandemic. To find this, we will scan social media and media articles/available research papers. We will focus the search on the US and we will refrain from repeating information already found in early research.
We could also identify and describe 7-10 different global movements to support healthcare workers in the face of the coronavirus. These can either be online or offline and can have different motives (e.g. supporting welfare workers financially, supporting them physically and so on). For each movement, we would provide a description, and we will aim to identify movements with different motives.