Initial research indicates that the number of diesel generators used in the US for commercial and industrial purposes is not available in the public domain. Additionally, the requested data is not available for the sub sectors under the commercial and industrial sectors. However, some useful information regarding the market size and breakdown of the US diesel generator market was available. Hence, we have pivoted the research to look for other helpful information relevant to the project goals. This is reflected in our findings and in the scoping options below.
US Diesel Generator Market
- According to a report published in August 2020, the market size of diesel generators in the US was estimated to be $2,187.4 million in 2019. From 2020 to 2030, the market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% and reach $3797.6 million in 2030.
- The three major segments of the market are the commercial, industrial, and residential segments. A research by Mordor Intelligence suggests that the industrial segment is very likely to dominate the diesel generator market in the US in the upcoming years. The increasing growth in mining, manufacturing, agriculture, and construction is the major driver behind the growth of the industrial segment in the US.
- According to a report on PR Newswire, the highest sales in the US Diesel Generator market was made for commercial purposes "because of a high requirement for prime and backup power at commercial areas, including retail establishments, construction sites, and offices." However, the sales volume was not publicly disclosed.
- The research by Mordor Intelligence also suggests that the major drivers for the growth of the market in the US are the industrial and commercial segments.
- Some of the major players in the market are Caterpillar, Cummins, Generac Holdings, Kohler, and SouthWest Products Corporation. Due to higher activity in the sectors, such as oil and gas, commercial, manufacturing, transportation, and hospitality, the stationary bifurcation area will grow at a CAGR of 7.2%.
Summary of Research
- After going through multiple market reports and research, we found that the information related to the exact number of diesel generators used in the US for commercial or industrial uses was not publicly disclosed. However, many report summaries and previews provided some insights into these sectors.
- In order to triangulate the numbers, we also tried to find the sales volume of diesel generators in the US for the commercial and industrial sectors, as well as their respective sub-sectors. However, no such information was available.
- Since the market size was available, we also tried to triangulate the required information by searching for the average price of a diesel generator in the US. However, the triangulated number would not be accurate as there are multiple variants of diesel generators used for commercial and industrial purposes in the US, and their prices differ by a huge range.
- The number of diesel generators or the sales volumes might be available in the paywalled reports. This report provides a breakdown of the market size and other data for different segments of the market. Similarly, this report might also include the required information. This report provides a global look at the market with regional breakdown, including the United States.