Customer Journey: Planning a Summer Vacation
To obtain information about the consumer journey for someone who is planning a summer vacation including data for popular research avenues to be used in a marketing strategy for an agency and tourist-destination clients.
- Traveling is considered an investment to customers which is why they do research and worry if they believe they haven't found the best solutions. Some may even make last-minute changes to their plans.
- Many travelers continue to search for travel inspirations even after a booking is made.
- Researchers have come up with four micro-moments in the customers' travel experience which are: "I Want To Get Away", "Time To Make a Plan", "Let’s Book It" and "Can’t Wait To Explore".
- Mobile devices including smartphones are often used in the customer journey for planning vacations.
- According to the US Family Travel Survey, found that 22% of the consumers wanted to travel in winter 2019 and they also wanted to travel in summer 2019.
- 50% of the respondents opted to do their own research online and 43% of them enjoy the planning process.
- The consumers found inspiration for travel mostly from their children (57%), friends (47%), and other family members (43%).
- Other research avenues used when planning for summer or winter vacations include Search engines (e.g. Google and Bing) (34%), Facebook (31%), TV shows (31%), and Travel websites (e.g. TripAdvisor and Expedia).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.