Kone - Company Profile
To provide a briefing on Kone in order to understand their business as it relates specifically to the elevator part of their offering.
- Kone received orders for 166,000 new elevators and escalators in 2018 as compared to 2017's 158,000 units.
- They have approximately 1.3 million units in their maintenance base.
- They experienced a slight growth (<5%) in their new equipment market (in terms of the number of units), maintenance market, and modernization market.
- They generated sales of €9,071 million in 2018. They have operations in over 60 countries with authorized distributors and agents in close to 100 countries.
- The Americas represented €1,805 million in the total sales in 2018.
- The overall sales increased by 3.1% year-over-year as compared to 2017.
- 53% (€4,797 million) of the sales were due to new equipment while maintenance and modernization represented 33% and 14% of sales respectively.
- The Americas represented 20% of the total sales with Asia Pacific at 38% while EMEA was on top with 42% of sales.
- They move over 1 billion people every year day with more than 450,000 customers worldwide.
- They received orders of €7,797 million and booked orders worth €7,950 million in 2018.
- New equipment sales showed a clear growth (5-10%) in the Americas region.
- "The largest individual countries in
terms of sales were China (>25% of sales),
the United States (>15%), Germany
(~6%) and France (~5%)."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.