Large City Population Statistics
Determine the population statistics and the number of people coming to work for the rest of the specified cities. The information will be used for market expansion plans across North America.
LARGE CITY POPULATION STATISTICS
- Vancouver's 2019 population is 2,555,884.
- The city's population grew by 1.20% from 2015 to 2019.
- Ottawa's 2019 population is 1,378,151.
- The city's population grew by 1.31% from 2015 to 2019.
KITCHENER - WATERLOO
- Waterloo's 2018 population was 601,220.
- In 2016, the city's population is around 556,600.
- The city's population growth rate was calculated to be ((601,220-556,600)/556,600)X 100% = 8%) from 2016 to 2019.
- Boston's 2018 population is 694,583.
- The city's population growth rate was calculated to be ((694,583-653,103)/653,103)X 100% = 6.35%) from 2013 to 2018.
- San Francisco's 2018 population is 883,305.
- The city's population growth rate was calculated to be ((883,305-839,841)/839,841)X 100% = 5.18%) from 2013 to 2018.
HELPFUL INSIGHTS ON WORK MIGRATION TO THE SPECIFIED CITIES
- The University of Florida is one of the biggest universities in the US based on enrollment.
- Around 2,093 of its alumni moved to the San Francisco Bay area to work.
- Another big university is Texas A&M University (TAMU).
- Around 27,528 of its graduates stayed in the Austin area to work.
- Meanwhile, around 16,861 of its alumni moved to the San Antonio area, 5,629 to the San Francisco Bay area, 2,811 to the Greater Seattle area, 2,051 to the Greater Chicago area, and 1,594 to the Boston area.
- In Canada, the largest university by student enrollment volume is the University of Toronto.
- Around 172,849 of its graduates are in the Toronto area.
- Meanwhile, 6,087 went to Vancouver, 3,981 to the San Francisco Bay area, 1,652 to the Boston area, and 1,158 to the Greater Seattle area.
- Another large university in Canada is York University.
- Around 129,892 of its graduates stayed in the Toronto area, 2,659 moved to the Kitchener area, 2,354 to Ottawa, 2,174 to Vancouver, and 793 to the San Francisco Bay area.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.