How do large event planners (planning teams) organize and plan events? Not weddings, but large expos or corporate events. I'm in
To determine details about how large corporate event planners(whose attendees are at least 1000) organize and plan events including what tools they mostly use(example excel, google sheets, specific software, etc) to select venues, plan the layout, organize vendors, and set up the final event. Additionally, determine case studies, best practices, big players in the market, and time spent to find these venues. The preferred location is California, US. This information will be used to understand the planning process that can be utilized in a meeting with Splash, a company in the workflow management space.
As we dove into the background research of this topic, we encountered that a significant amount of information is available in the public domain regarding best practices, case studies, and major players in corporate event planning in California. During our initial research, we realized that tools that are mostly used by large corporate event planners are software because of their large number of features, and compatibility. However, information regarding the time spent on planning corporate events doesn't seem to be available in the public domain. Below is provided a summary of our findings:
- Some of the software that are mostly used by corporate event planners include Cvent, Event Pro, and others. These software have received the highest ratings by corporate event planners.
- Cvent: In addition to providing basic event management features including registrations, sourcing venues, and others, Cvent also provides several features for conferences, including room-block management, travel management, and sponsorship management.
- Some of the top corporate event planners in California include Entire Productions, Event Solutions, Anna Marie Events, Kennedy Event, and Jay Siegan Presents.
- Setting up the goals before the execution of any corporate event management is a must to get success. This includes targeting a group of audience for the event, measuring the performance of the goals using event a relevant KPI, and others.
- Managing contact databases is another important practice needed to make a corporate event planning successfull. This step includes organizing the target audience for the event.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Looking at the availability of the information, we would recommend to search for 5-7 best practices in the corporate event planning along with 2-3 case studies conducted in the past 5 years on events that successfully achieved their event planning goals (for instance, successfully increased their audience, or similar success metric).
Further, we recommend to determine the top 10 corporate event planners in California based on public ratings, or similar metric. This will include details about the event planner name, location, and the rating received on public platforms.
We recommend providing the top 10 softwares used for corporate event planning along with the details including their prices, features, pros, and cons.