Escape Rooms - Market Size
To determine the global market size of escape room games to be played at home with a breakdown of revenues per geography, in order to aid your marketing strategy.
- There are about 14,000 escape rooms in the world, with 3,000 located in Europe.
- From only 24 rooms in 2014, escape rooms in the United States have grown to reach 2,300 at the end of 2018 second quarter.
- California, Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New York have the highest number of escape rooms in the United States (full list here).
- The Room (Germany), 13th Gate escape (United States), Escape Barcelona (Spain), Skurrilum (Germany), and Mad Mansion (Spain) were adjudged the best escape room companies in 2019.
- The Netherlands has the highest number of escape rooms per million capita at approximately 48, followed by Israel (40 rooms per million capita), and Spain/Canada (~33 rooms per million capita).
- In France, the number of escape rooms per million capita was 30 by October 2019.
- According to the Guardian, there are about 1,500 escape rooms in the United Kingdom.
The first hour of research suggests that the market size of escape rooms in terms of revenue may not exist in the public domain. According to Inc, "the market size is hard to quantify as few, if any, research firms follow the industry." That said, the research team has pooled together location-based data that can give an inkling to the size of the market in specific locations.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.