Social Media Engagement Benchmarks
To understand the latest social media engagement benchmarks for consumer brands.
Social Media Engagement Rates Overview
- Instagram is currently the king of social media platforms. It has the highest engagement rate of 2.3% per follower compared to Facebook and Twitter: 0.2% and 0.03% respectively.
- On Instagram, the top industries are Fashion industry (51.5%), Media and Entertainment (22.0%), and Beauty and Fitness (11.5%).
- It is important to note that images garnered higher engagement rates compared to videos.
- This report, 2019 Social Media Industry Benchmark Report, provides insights for the top 12 industries that have the highest online engagement.
- This report provides statistics gathered from 150 companies/brands per industry. Each company actively uses Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and have between 25,000 and 1 million followers.
- These statistics are presented below.
- The data set consisted of 1.6 million posts and 424 million engagements on Facebook, 0.6 million posts and 1.4 billion engagements on Instagram, and 2.4 million posts and 130 million engagements on Twitter.
- The median engagement rates across these industries:
- The number of posts per day across these industries:
- The metrics for each industry are availed in the report.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.