Brain Stimulation Market Overview
To provide a market overview for the mental/behavioral health market, the wellness market, and the cognitive performance/enhancement market.
Mental Health Market
- The behavioral therapy market was valued at $115.5 billion in 2019, but is poised to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% until 2025, reaching $187.4 billion.
- North America is the largest player in the market, occupying 40.16% of the market. This means that the North American behavioral therapy market revenue in 2019 reached $46.4 billion.
- Some of the top companies in the behavioral therapeutics market include Allergan, Novartis, Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, Perrigo Company, Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Apotex, Sandoz, and Strides Arcolab.
- Anxiety disorders occupy the largest share by disease type in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% until 2025.
- This is not surprising since anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States, which represents 18.1% of the population every year.
- According to the National Institute of Mental Health, about 31.1% of U.S. adults experience an anxiety disorder at some time in their lives.
- Major depressive disorders effect 17.3 million US adults every year, or about 7.1% of the total U.S. population.
- About 7-8% of the US adult population experiences PTSD at some point in their lives. In 2019, about 8 million adults were suffering from PTSD in the US.
- 1 in 40, or 2.3%, of US adults have OCD at some point in their lives. In 2019, about 1.2% of the total US population suffered from OCD. The disease is more prevalent in women.
- Among children and teenagers, the prevalence of OCD is 1 in 200, or about 500,000 children.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.