Law Firms Specialization Research: United States
To know which law firms specialize in the following four areas: heirs property, estate planning, agriculture law, and residential real estate in the United States. An ideal response would be a spreadsheet deliverable with One: the law firm names, Two: location (city, state), and Three: law area [estate planning, agriculture law, residential real estate, or heirs property]. It should be noted that heirs property is not a legal area, it's a sub category.
Caveats to the Research
- There are no precompiled lists providing a comprehensive list of all law firms specializing in heirs property, estate planning, agriculture law, and/or residential real estate in the United States. We opted to use a credible and reliable aggregator called Best Lawyers, based on their methodology for selecting these firms. This prevented us from going down a rabbit hole of research and resulted in some solid findings.
- HOWEVER, it is of note that a membership for this site is required to see all the results. As a reminder, Wonder only uses publicly available sources. We do not have access to paid databases or paywalled reports, but we can cite them in research for reference only [in case purchase is desired]. If that is of interest, that would clearly have to be communicated to us in any reply.
- We want to note that two of the specializations asked for have thousands and thousands of law firms. Residential real estate law and estate planning law are vast, and there is no precompiled list for them.
- Even though it was not asked for, we felt it would be useful to have the website link for the law firm, so we created a column for that.
- "Agricultural law encompasses a vast group of specialties applied to the complex and ever-changing market, business, and regulatory concerns faced by individuals and businesses in the food and agriculture industry."
Estate Planning Law
- There were 240 VISIBLE results for the search term of estate planning law. As we only have one hour for the initial research, there was not enough time to transfer the data from the database into the Google spreadsheet. We transposed what we could, but more data entry is required.
Heirs Panning [Inheritance Law]
- It is of note that "Heirs Planning" is referred to as "Inheritance Law", and therefore that was the more efficient search term. If this is not what is desired, that would clearly have to be communicated to us in any reply.
- We will not be able to use the Best Lawyers site for this vertical, and will have to hand curate what we can find from other lists that we may find, or curate them individually one by one. This will be reflected in the scopings below. We did, however, find one law firm that specializes in this based in Atlanta, Georgia. It can be seen in row 11.
Residential Real Estate Law
- There were 240 VISIBLE results for the search term of Real Estate law. Best Lawyers does not have a category just for Residential Real Estate Law, but as we look at each one, we can individually determine that based on what their website states. As we only have one hour for the initial research, there was not enough time to transfer ANY of the data from the database into the Google spreadsheet, nor look at any individual websites. Our scoping for this will be reflected below as it will require more search time.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- As discussed at the top of this document, Wonder only uses publicly available sources. We do not have access to paid databases or paywalled reports, but we can cite them in research for reference only [in case purchase is desired]. If that is of interest, that would clearly have to be communicated to us in any reply.
- We quickly determined that there was not one sole source that provided a precompiled list of all the law firms that specialize in heirs property, estate planning, agriculture law, or residential real estate in the United States. There are thousands of these types of law firms, and research could quickly go down a rabbit hole. To that end we opted to use a credible and reliable aggregator called Best Lawyers, based on their methodology for selecting these firms.
- We were not given any modifiers for this research. By that, we mean that we were not told to the select the "top" or the "best". We were also not told how many to return. As there are thousands of these law firms for some of the specialties, this could quickly become a very large project. We decided to be conservative with this project, and returned eight agricultural firms, which was the total number provided by Best Lawyers. We can provide more if additional research is required, and that is reflected in our scopings below.
- As a reminder, we only have one hour for initial research, which includes scanning, determining availability and viability, and then providing any deliverable, which in this case is a custom Google spreadsheet which can be viewed here. We are scoping this on the premise that we would use the Best Lawyers source as the aggregator for this data. We have scoped the project based on the following facts: One: how long it took us to copy and paste the data for the Estate Planning Law firms from the Best Lawyers site to the Google spreadsheet in the initial hour of research, Two: the Heirs Property [Inheritance Law] firms will have to be hand curated, Three: the Residential Real Estate firms will have to be individually checked to ensure the real estate law firms handle residential real estate, and Four: if further agricultural law firms are required, we would have to hand curate them.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS for any scoping, do not use the customized next steps option. Please comment in the appropriate comment box.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.