Board Advisory Services in Asia
To find the top 3-5 leading companies in the board advisory services space in Asia and globally.
- Board advisory services seem to be a very specific niche of the consulting industry, so there is not a lot of information available on firms that specialize in this service area. However, the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) appears to define board advisory services as a sub-segment of the corporate governance service area.
- Some of the top consulting firms that offer corporate governance services globally include Accenture, BDO, Atos Consulting, BearingPoint, Capgemini Consulting, and Deloitte.
- Accenture offers board advisory services under the umbrella of strategy consulting services. Deloitte offers a broad category of services through its Board and Strategic Advisory Services division. BDO has a dedicated section for board advisory services, but it also mainly helps the board to make strategic decisions. BearingPoint and Capgemini Consulting classify board advisory services under the governance, risk and compliance vertical. Atos Consulting seems to be primarily focused on technology consulting services, and it only offers limited board advisory services insofar as they relate to strategic digital transformation decisions.
- It appears that consulting firms often offer board advisory services as a part of their strategy consulting divisions. Companies that specialize in strategy consulting in Asia include Analysis Mason, Arthur D. Little, Bain & Company, and Boston Consulting Group (BCG).
- Other firms advertise their board advisory services under the broader heading of risk and compliance consulting services. One such firm is KPMG Singapore, which offers board advisory services as a part of its risk consulting division. Some leading risk consulting specialists in Asia include Alvarez & Marsal and Sionic.
Other Useful Findings on the Asian Consulting Market
- The total market size of the global consulting market was $160 billion in 2019. The Asia Pacific region contributed $53.6 billion, or 33.5%, to that total.
- Other, more conservative, estimates show that the market size of consulting services accounts for only about 15.5% of the global consulting market, but that this region is quickly gaining importance in the global consulting market. China and Australia have the most developed consulting markets, with sizes of $5.9 billion and $5.8 billion respectively.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.