Lecture capture market
To understand the lecture capture market (lecture recording software) to evaluate investment potential. The information required are: global market size, market size by (US) states, leading companies worldwide and market share of each, future potential of the market in the future (growth and size), and industry trends.
Global market size
- According to Research and Markets, the global lecture capture systems market (hardware and software) was valued at $2.24 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 33.19% and reach 9.39 billion by 2022. Based on the projected growth rate, the estimated market size for 2019 will be $3.97 billion ($2.24 billion*1.3319^2).
- Infonews box reports a slightly different but similar figure for the global lecture capture systems market. The market was valued at $2.86 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow by 26.4% p.a until 2025. The findings are based on this report from Industry Arc.
Leading players worldwide
- According to HTF market intelligence, the leading global players in the market are: Panopto, Kaltura, Echo360, Crestron Electronics, Sonic Foundry, VBrick, VIDIZMO, UbiCast, YuJa, McGraw-Hill Education, Cisco Systems, UbiCast, & Telestream.
North American market
- According to Infonews Box, North America generated a revenue share of 32% from the global lecture capture systems market in 2018.
- Based on the earlier findings, the North American market was worth $91.52 million ($2.86 billion*32%) in 2018.
- According to Global Market Insights, the US holds the majority share of the global lecture capture market due to the convergence of IT in the education system and the modernization of the audio-visual industry, as well as being a leader in adopting new technologies.
- As per the industry report by Research and Markets, the leading vendors of the lecture capture market in the US are Echo360
, Sonic Foundry
, and Tegrity.
- The report further states that the US lecture capture market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.81% until 2021.
- Based on the initial findings, it was clear that while the global market size, North American market size, growth rates and names of leading players (US, and global) were readily available for the lecture capture market, a detailed breakdown of market share of the leading players both globally and for the US were behind paywalls.
- Therefore, we will proceed with the research to provide the requested information on the remaining areas and also attempt to triangulate the market share of the leading companies globally and in the US based on the available information.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.