Life Coaching / Performance Coaching
To understand the market size & growth for the US life coaching industry, how much income these coaches earn, the various types of professionals that work with these types of coaches and why, a few quotes from well known entrepreneurs about why having a coach is important, and the benefits of having a life/performance coach.
- In the US, a life coach "helps clients focus on a particular aspect of life (health, fitness, personal goals, business goals, relationships) and improves it by offering them accountability."
- The most recent data provided on the number of coaches is by ICF. The organization mentioned that there are currently 53,300 part-time and full-time coaches worldwide compared to 47,500 in 2011. Up to 92% of these coaches are currently active.
- In the US alone, there are roughly 20,000 personal coaches. About 68% of these coaches are women.
- In 2017, the US personal coaching industry had a market size of $1.08 billion, up 6.5% from 2016. The market is expected to reach $1.38 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 5.4%.
- The average income for life coaches ranges from "$27,100 to $73,100, with specialty coaches commanding greater than $100,000 annually."
- A recent study by Price Waterhouse Coopers revealed that on average, a full-time coach earns a little over $82,000 while a part-time coach earns about $26,000.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We recommend proceeding with 5 types of professionals that work with life/performance coaches and why, 5 to 7 benefits of having a life/performance coach, and up to 10 quotes from well-known entrepreneurs about why having a coach is important.
A report on 3 to 5 recent trends in the US life coaching industry might offer more insight on the market.